I came across this recipe and thought i’d try it out and the first time I tried it I liked it but I didn’t love it so I added some ingredients on the classic Aglio E Olio and made it my own.
When I was researching this recipe I found that the key was the way you make it, meaning the technique used to actually cook the ingredients. So here’s how you do it:
-4-5 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
-1 tsp. red chili flakes
– olive oil: I can’t say the exact amount you’ll need for this but you’re going to start off with 1 tbs.
– handful of sliced mushrooms
– handful of basil leaves
– mixed herb spices (herbs de providence is my fav blend)
– 1 tsp. salt
– juice of 1 lemon
-Make your spaghetti on the stove top or in an instant pot, I love doing it in an instant pot but sometimes it doesnt cook all the way so to be safe, make it on your stove top!
– On LOW heat, heat up 1 tbs. of olive oil.
– Once the olive oil is hot, add in your minced garlic and red chili flakes
– *KEY STEP: keep adding COLD olive oil while mixing the garlic and red chili flakes, this is the key to bringing out the flavor of the garlic and red chili flakes, and literally the only way you’ll master this.
-Don’t add TOO much olive oil because then you’re going to overdo it, just add enough to where you can smell the fragrance of the garlic and until the garlic turns brown.
-Add in your mushrooms, basil, and any other vegetables you want after your garlic browns and keep mixing til your mushrooms and veggies cook.
– Once your veggies are done, add in the spaghetti and salt.
-Toss until the spaghetti is covered and add your basil leaves and toss.
– After its heated, add your lemon juice and mixed herbs on top.
– Let it sit with the heat turned off for a few minutes so the spaghetti can soak in the herbs.
-Once its sat for a few minutes, serve! Garnish with basil leaves and a lemon on the side.
If you try this recipe out tag me on instagram! if you have any questions, let me know 🙂